Health Insurance Information

Massachusetts offers health/dental insurance for all individuals through age 19. 

  • MassHealth offers and helps pay for health-insurance premiums for families, children and individuals. The kind of coverage you get depends on your family size, income and other circumstances.
  • ConnectorCare is subsidized health insurance by some of the leading insurers in the state for families who do not qualify for MassHealth coverage.There are different ConnectorCare Plan Types, which are based on your income.

To apply:

21 Spring Street, Suite 4; Taunton, MA 02780; (508)-828-4600

  • Applicants may apply in person with assistance by appointment at:

Sturdy Memorial Hospital Financial Counselor’s Office  211 Park Street; Attleboro, MA 02703

Last names A-J, please call 508-236-8127

Last names K-Z, please call 508-236-8128
Translation services available


Contact your school nurse for an application or download/print a copy of the MA Application for Health/Dental coverage at:

Translation services and translated documents available as needed. 

Documents you many need to provide with application: 

Taxable Household Information:

  • Name of everyone in the household 
  • State driver’s license
  • Copy of naturalization certificate
  • Social Security numbers
  • State ID with photo

Proof of Immigration: (Non US Citizen)

  • Permanent resident card
  • Unexpired foreign passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Identification card issued by a foreign embassy or consulate with photograph

Proof of Income for family members in your taxable household:

  • 2 recent, concurrent pay stubs
  • 1 bi-weekly pay stub
  • Pension statement
  • Long or short term disability
  • Unemployment printout - must have your name on it
  • Social Security disability or retirement -benefit award letter
  • Self-employed - current profit and loss statement and/or last federal tax return with all schedules
  • Paid in cash or personal check - need a letter from your employer stating your hours worked and gross weekly pay
  • Rental property - copy of current federal tax return including schedules

If you are offered insurance through an employer, you will need the following information:

  • Does the insurance meet the “minimum value standard”?
  • What is the employee contribution to the lowest cost health plan offered for a single plan (even if you need a family plan)?
  • Is the cost weekly or bi-weekly?
  • What month can you enroll in the employer’s insurance plan (open enrollment month)?
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.